Sunday, June 8, 2008

Restaurant Review- Zengo (Chinatown)


Last night I had a college friend in town who is a more adventurous eater than many of my normal dining companions. We decided to try Zengo, which is right next to the Gallery Place-Chinatown Metro on 7th and H. It’s billed as Asian-Latin, and they have ceviche, sushi, and lots of interesting entrees that blend flavors from the two cuisines. The food was delicious! We got several dishes to share included a spicy tuna sushi roll with a Chipotle spiciness to it, lettuce wraps with chorizo and shrimp, and my favorite- seared tuna tacos with a mouthwatering guacamole. (Disclaimer: nothing was easy to eat daintily or without making a mess so I don’t recommend it for a first date!) The cocktail menu featured lots of fruity mohitos, margaritas and sake-tinies, I’m not a huge fan of sweet cocktails with dinner so I had a glass of dry champagne. Our waitress was friendly and offered great menu suggestions; my only complaint was that they don’t seem to invite lingering. Everything was brought out too quickly and we were given our check without being asked if we would like to see a dessert menu. The dining space is colorful and bright upstairs with a cozier, more intimate lounge on the first floor that would be perfect for an after dinner drink. I will definitely go back the next time I am hungry in Chinatown!

No comments:

Post a Comment