Monday, November 10, 2008

Restaurant Review- Agraria, Georgetown Waterfront

Agraria is one of my favorite restaurants in Washington, and without a doubt the best in the Georgetown Harbor/Waterfront area. The restaurant is owned by a farmer's union and serves food and wine from local farmers and fisherman that use organic and sustainable methods of production. I remember my first trip to Agraria was surprising because I wasn't expecting a farmers' restaurant to be so chic! The menu changes often, as only seasonal ingredients are used and waiters often tell you where different meats or vegetables come from. On Saturday night it was quite crowded and the service was definitely lacking (I find the service to be hit-or-miss depending on the night) but the food was amazing. Even the butter tasted better than normal restaurant butter, and I felt less guilty eating a filet that I knew was farm raised and grass-fed. Order dessert here because most are small portions and it will be well worth the calories!

No comments:

Post a Comment