Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Restaurant Review -Ten Pehn in Penn Quarter


Last weekend I tried Ten Pehn (on 10th and Penn, naturally)for the first time. Ten Pehn's menu has dishes influenced by Thai, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Malaysian, and Filipino cuisines as well as a fun creative cocktail menu. I had the Thai shrimp soup (which is served in a hollowed out coconut) as an appetizer, and the spicy tuna roll appetizer as my main course with a side of sauteed veggies. Everything was delicious; especially the tuna roll which was not too spicy and had lots of tuna and no rice. We also tried the lemon cheesecake for dessert, which was wonderful. The food was wonderful and the service was prompt and friendly. My only complaint about Ten Pehn is that it looks like a chain restaurant. I couldn't put my finger on why, but for some reason feels like a P.F. Chang or Cheesecake Factory. I would highly recommend Ten Pehn to anyone who loves American-ized Asian food and doesn't mind a large restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment