Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Restaurant Review- Tackle Box in Georgetown


Tackle Box opened almost two years ago and billed itself as a "lobster shack" in the city. I had been hesitant to try it because I am totally spoiled when it comes to lobster and nothing compares to buying them live to cook for dinner at my grandparent's house and packing lobster rolls the next day for a beach picnic. A friend of mine bought a "groupon" coupon and wanted to try it so we went last Sunday night for dinner. It's a little bizarre to have a fish shack in the middle of M Street that doesn't have any outdoor seating; and while DC is a friendly town, I didn't love having to share a picnic table with other diners. Tackle Box's menu has different meal combos and you chose one entree, one or two sides, and then a sauce. I was going to go for scallops until the cashier told me they were fried...so I asked for the grilled trout instead and got a side of mac and cheese. The mac and cheese was good and gooey and the trout was okay but nothing was exceptional. One friend got a side of sweet potato fries that were stringy and soggy and another got the lobster roll with friend green tomatoes. The tomatoes were good and she said the lobster roll was as well but not worth $20. Overall I think Tacklebox is a bit of a tourist trap and I'll stick to authentic fish shacks even if I have to drive a ways to get to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment